General Information on the various Indivision Models

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Isn't the product description clear about that? It works in all OCS and ECS-Amigs, except the NTSC/Piggy-back version of the A1000. So yes, all A500 models are included.

• I'm already working on a follow-up version to Indivision ECS V3. Friday's poll in Twitter/X asked if the Live config feature should be ported from Indivision AGA MK3 to a new ECS version: https://twitter.com/schoenfeld…tatus/1715392636050083852

Not a real competition between the options, I know, as the general usability increases by a lot if you have live config. Just wanted to point everyone to the advertisement I've posted there :-)

Jens

• I think the priority should be to create an anti-ghosting mod for ECS v2.

In ECS v3 if there was to be any fix, the only sensible one is to introduce HDMI along with audio (as there is MK3 for AGA).

• Live config would be wonderful! It would also be extremely convenient to allow for the display of Flash Floppy OSD, which is more viable for the Amiga 500.

Oh and try to better match colors of a 1084 monitor display.

Thanks!

• I think the priority should be to create an anti-ghosting mod for ECS v2.

That's not off the table, but deeply buried in a huge pile of work that I need to do in order to keep the lights on here. We're *very* short on labour force right now, with half of my employees on sick leave.

the only sensible one is to introduce HDMI

I have already decided against that, for four reasons:

1) price. My goal is to keep the "hobby Amiga" as affordable as possible, and adding HDMI is a major bump in the bill of materials.

2) power consumption/heat: I'd like to avoid such a heat-source especially in an A600, where space is very congested and you have hardly any chance to dissipate the heat generated by the HDMI encoder

3) there are WAY more VGA monitors that are compatible with 50Hz and V-Sync than there are DVI/HDMI monitors that can do the same. In continuation of my first point, these 50Hz/VSync compatible monitors are a lot cheaper than any HDMI monitor you can buy, and they often have the better aspect ratio for an Amiga (4:3 instead of 16:9).

4) size: With a HDMI encoder, the circuit board will become larger, and it won't fit some target computers any more. I really don't want to have even more versions of flicker fixers.

It would also be extremely convenient to allow for the display of Flash Floppy OSD, which is more viable for the Amiga 500.

We won't be able to take in the same OSD as FlashFloppy is "inserting" into the RGB signals of an Amiga, but we may be able to add an interface for using the OSD that is in the flicker fixer already. If we're adding live config (which is very likely), we will need a similar CIA adapter as we are using on Indivision AGA MK3. We could add a connector there for a 3.3V (5V tolerant) serial interface, where an MCU could send OSD data at a fixed baud rate. We'd need contact to the authors of FlashFloppy, or some specification about the requried size (number of lines and chars/line).

Oh and try to better match colors of a 1084 monitor display.

I believe we've discussed this before: CRT monitors have a different colour space in the first place, and flat screens can't match the "black" that CRTs have. However, we will use a larger FPGA on the new version of Indivision ECS, so we may have the possibility to output a non-linear curve on each colour component. This is not a promise, though; I have no idea how much space we'll really have left in the FPGA after adding what we're already discussing internally!

Jens

• That's not off the table, but deeply buried in a huge pile of work that I need to do in order to keep the lights on here. We're *very* short on labour force right now, with half of my employees on sick leave.

Would be nice with some kind of small circuit we could solder on the TC64V2s aswell to get rid of the ghosting.

• Would be nice with some kind of small circuit we could solder on the TC64V2s aswell to get rid of the ghosting.

It will involve de-soldering some SMD components before such a PCB can be applied.Still need to find a contractor who can do SMD assembly and another miling run after components have been soldered. Solder spots on such a mod-PCB needs to have castellated holes at the edge, and this one is near-impossible to assemble if that milling process is done before component assembly.

Again, not forgotten, but also impossible to bump in terms of priority right now.

Jens

That's not off the table, but deeply buried in a huge pile of work that I need to do in order to keep the lights on here.

If you need someone to test with the Indivision ECS v2 (soldering and various such) I'd be happy to help :)