Buddha and micronik z-2i mkii

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Could it be that the Buddha doesn't work on a Micronik Z-2i mkII?

It does not appear in the early boot menu and it is not visible between devices.

My GPV A2000-HC+8, A4000-HC + 8, Oktagon 2008 and AT-Bus 2008 all work. All I have to do is not use my internal ide.

Is there a solution for this or am I just unlucky?

• Mikronik does not comply with the Z2 standard for several reasons (mostly bus timing and noise), but I'd expect it to at least show up in the early startup menu.

Can you boot the machine and try an "initial" flash with the flash tool? It wouldn't be the first time that a flakey power supply causes a flash to lose it's data.

• What I did not tell you is that the Buddha works in my A2000, sorry for withholding the information.

It is the 20-year anniversary edition and has the latest (52-101) firmware.

I think I'm just unlucky.

• It is the 20-year anniversary edition and has the latest (52-101) firmware.

I did improve a few details on the bus interface a few weeks after it's release in February 2018, so if it's one of the first controllers, it's worth checking if it has the latest CPLD code. When did you buy it?

• The flash tool would tell you if the CPLD version is old, but if you ordered it on that date directly from us, it's the new version.

The only thing left to try would be cleaning the connectors and trying a different slot - the Mikronik board makes a lot of mistakes, but it should not break autoconfig. I'm pretty sure it breaks IDE functionality, but the card should show up with vendor ID 4626 and product ID 0 in early startup.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.