Is the output of Indivision always suitable for this VGA to HDMI adapter?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi

I'm hoping to feed the display of my Amiga into a HDMI input for creating Videos/live streaming,

Does the Indivision AGA Mk2CR always upscale the output (including when playing games) to an acceptable input resolution as listed here:

Supported input resolutions (at 60Hz): 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1600x1200, 1920x1080 pixels

These are rthe accepted inputs for this device:

(link removed)

Or will I need to get an OSSC box?

(link removed)

If your wondering why I'm looking at VGA in instead of DVI, it's because I'll be using it via a Ratte Auto switcher for RTG modes

(link removed)

Thanks in advance

• Please don't post commercial links here.

Indivision AGA MK2(cr) is completely configurable, so you can create an output mode that suits your needs. However, I wouldn't use the VGA output, but the DVI output of the unit, as it's HDMI-compatible and fully digital. There are video capture boxes that have multiple inputs, making a "monitor switch" unnecessary. I have a few HDMI->USB3 converters that are V4L-compatible (no Windows here!), and one of them has 4 inputs. You might want to look at a second video capture card, as OBS (which you will most likely be using?) can't set the input number of the capture device with multiple inputs (doesn't seem to be a V4L feature).

So the solution would be two capture devices, one for chipset output, and the other for RTG output. Two scenes in OBS to switch between them, and you have your setup for recording.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.