ACA1221-lc issue

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi - I have a problem with my Amiga 1200 that appears to be caused by my ACA1221-lc. The machine has worked fine with the ACA1221 since early March which is when I purchased it. However, as of today, when I turn the machine on I get a black screen and the power LED flashes a number of times (no Guru message though). When I unplug the ACA the machine boots and operates fine. My A1200 was recapped about 4 years ago (no sign of leakage or fishy smells) and I'm using an Amiga PSU with it. I've cleaned the accelerator connector on the Amiga side with an eraser and then cleaned it up with IPA but this didn't help. I've also tried shifting the ACA back a little on the connector but again this hasn't helped. I run the accelerator at the 26MHz suggested so don't think its an issue caused by excessive heat build up. Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Neil.

• Hi Jens - yes its a Commodore one, tried it with two known working Commodore ones. I'll try the de-brick jumper and get back to you on it. Thanks for the quick response BTW. Neil

• Hi Jens - I've just found the jumpers in the case - they must have come loose. I've set them to the park position as per the photos of the card on the wiki but I get the same result.

• I've just found the jumpers in the case - they must have come loose. I've set them to the park position as per the photos of the card on the wiki but I get the same result.

That's not what I asked you to do - "park" position is where no contacts are being closed, and that's the standard. However, what I meant with "de-brick" position is the "unprotect" setting, where the flash ROM of the card is disabled. The card will come up with a low amount of memory, safe clock speed and IDE speeder disabled - please try that jumper setting to see if there is a config in your flash that causes the computer to hang on startup.

• I assume "unprotect" setting is where the outside pin is left open (as per the Wiki for the 2015 version)? I'm pleased to report that the machine boots with the jumpers in this position. It's booted into the low memory safe mode.

• Great, so the card itself is OK, and you can re-write the flash contents with the ACAtool, which you can find in our Wiki. After saving the settings, you can remove the jumper again, so you have the full memory config and desired speed setting.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.