ACA1233n - connector failure?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I just unpacked an A1200 today, and after pulling it apart, cleaning it, re-trimming the metal shroud since it was hacked badly by whoever modified it previously, reseating the AGA Indivision board, and re-assembling with the hodge-podge of screws with three missing, I booted it up to test to make sure it was working. All seems well there so far.

Then I pulled apart my ACA500+ case and removed the ACA1233n from it and carefully seated it into the A1200. It would not boot up at this point. After that Indivision power on banner it did nothing.

After some double checking I was beginning to suspect that I have an only partially working A1200. So I decided to put the ACA500+ and 1233n back together in their case for safe keeping. However, the 1233n wasn't lining up with the bolt hole in the case. After some inspection I discovered that the female card slot connector appears to have had an internal failure of some kind, which is rather odd as I've never seen a pin fold up like this inside of one of these connectors.

Now, the question is: do I ship this back to Individual for a repair job, or can I simply get a replacement connector shipped to me. I'm comfortable with desoldering and soldering on a replacement and have the tooling to do so. Whichever works based upon the warranty of the card.

• Your picture is showing a mechanical damage of the connector, either caused by your A1200 not being chamfered, or by the card being tilted when pushing it in. This is not covered by warranty.

What's the warratny ID of the card? Just asking to see the age and sales path.

• Are you the original owner of this card? If so, then I see that you have a pre-order for Indivision ECS V2 pending, which may save you on shipping. Please confirm, and I'll get back to you via e-Mail.

• Yes, I purchased this about a year ago as part of my A500 builds.

When I get a chance I'm going to take fine grit sandpaper to the PCB edges of the A1200 edge connector, just to make sure there aren't any rough bits to bind on those pins.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.