ACA500plus Action Replay

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have been trying to use the action replay function on my ACA500plus, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

I have both the CPU and the Freezer CPU set to 14Mhz. The Freezer is set to "Action Replay MK III". When I boot using F1, and load a game with WHDLoad, pressing the button on the ACA500plus card does nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

• Tobias

Changed the title of the thread from “ACA500plus Action Reply” to “ACA500plus Action Replay”.
  • Thanks Jens. Are there any instructions or videos on how to configure this? I did some Googling, but couldn't find anything. I just assumed I pressed the button and it comes on.

• Aren't the "expert options" described there? There are multiple settings for the DisMo button. I currently don't have an A500 on the desk, so no easy way to try.

• Hi Jens. The Expert options are there in your Wiki page, but it wasn't clear that I had to press the button on the ACA500plus and "c" on the keyboard at the same time to activate the Action Replay.

Also, I had selected Action Replay 3 in the expert options, pressed S to save and exited to the main screen. I then booted my Amiga pressing F1 into 3.1. This doesn't seem to allow the ACA500 to boot with the Action Replay. To do this I had to go into expert options, select my Action Replay settings and hit RET to boot from in the expert menu.

Does that all seem correct? Or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,

James

• but it wasn't clear that I had to press the button on the ACA500plus and "c" on the keyboard at the same time

That should not be required at any time.

Also, I had selected Action Replay 3 in the expert options, pressed S to save and exited to the main screen. I then booted my Amiga pressing F1

This procedure will override the expert settings and choose a fixed configuration. You need to press enter fromt he expert settings menu to activate the config that you have set.

Does that all seem correct?

Your ACA500plus behaves like any other ACA500plus. I think you're starting to get used to the idea that there is no such thing as "looking into profile X", but anything that's displayed is automatically taken over into your "current" configuration.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.