Unsupported D64 Image Size with .d64 Images

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Does none else has the same problem?

Sometimes I´m creating a .d64, copying stuff into it by using a 1541 II on #9, with Fast Hackem, Action Replay Backup or Filecopy etc.

After copying the stuff I´m going back to TC´s Main Menu, I answer "Disk Image(s) have changed" with "update" and then... my .d64 has no longer the correct 174848 Bytes! It´s getting bigger, the actual Test-Image has 183044 Bytes and can´t be mounted anymore, due "UNSUPPORTED D64 IMAGE SIZE"...!

So some Disks are able to be copied, some aren´t, no matter how often I try.

• i havent heard about problems with this for a long time... are you sure the filesystem isnt damaged somehow? please try to reproduce it on a freshly formatted sd card.

• Okay, but I guess the missing update is not the problem.

But I will update it.

And I will try it with a fresh SD-Card.

For more details: I created with F4 a new .d64, mounted it with C= and m, startet "Fast Hack'em", selected "Nibble two Drive Copy", copied the whole "Laser Basic Compiler" Disk from a 1541 II (Commodore DOS, JiffyDos bugs) on #9 to TC2 on #8, entered the TC2 Main Menu, agreed updating .d64, after then it's bigger before.

Even with AR6 Backup or Filecopy I didn't succeed. *THIS* makes it even more strange to me.

With this procedure I copied the most Stuff with success, except a few Disks like mentioned before.

• except a few Disks like mentioned before.

Some floppy speeders of the time allowed formatting 40 tracks. Popular names are "Speeddos+" and "DolphinDos", but you also find "S-Jiffydos" in references to using 40 tracks. These were able to format a disk to 749 blocks instead of 664 blocks by also using the higher tracks. If the disks you're trying to copy have been made on such a modified drive, you should be using a file copier instead of a whole-disk copier if you want to get your programs back to 170k-sized d64 images.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.